SkillForce prides itself on its dedicated, committed and innovative workforce. Working for us, you will be expected to demonstrate initiative and creativity and to contribute to the strategic development of the charity’s future.
We believe in recruiting the best people for all of our vacancies, ensuring that our recruitment and selection procedures are fair, consistent and transparent. As an expanding and evolving organisation, we create opportunities for our employees that will challenge, motivate and maximise potential in order to ensure excellence for our students.
We offer a comprehensive induction programme paying particular attention to safeguarding, organisational integration and career development (see below for further detail). It allows motivated individuals to progress and integrate into the charity quickly and effectively.
Pay and benefits
SkillForce offers an attractive salary and benefits package. We offer competitive starting salaries in the education sector and the opportunity for progression but also recognise that many individuals are motivated by non-financial benefits too. We therefore offer the following benefits:
- A full time annual leave entitlement of 25 days per annum plus statutory public holidays
- A contributory pension scheme
- Access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme 365 days a year
- An enhanced sick pay scheme
- Death in Service benefit
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave packages
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme
- Paid eye tests and contribution towards costs of glasses or lenses
Learning and development
We are committed to the continuous learning and professional development of our workforce to enable everyone to realise their full potential. We aim to engage all staff with a challenging and exciting learning culture and encourage openness, discussion and feedback so we can develop and continuously improve what we do.
- All staff will have their own personal development plan with learning needs discussed and agreed with line managers, as we believe this encourages individuals to take responsibility for their own professional learning and development.
- We operate a performance development review process which is designed to motivate staff to develop themselves and enhance their performance, identify training and development needs and recognise excellence and potential.
- A week long induction training course is provided for instructors, which covers instructional techniques, safeguarding/child protection, health and safety, equality and diversity, teaching and learning standards, SkillForce programmes and mentoring.
- CPD opportunities include completing a Certificate in Education, Coaching and Mentoring and Outdoor Education qualifications.