Would you like your young people to be more active? Would you like them to take part in challenges that will build their resilience, teamwork and confidence and do something great to support other young people in your school? Would you like to reduce the cost of a SkillForce programme for your school next year?
Young Runners does just that. It is a lively, exciting Activity Challenge that encourages young people to improve their health and wellbeing in a sponsored run with a minimum distance of 1k; they can be involved in the planning and organisation of the event so has lots of benefits your school and your children!
Young Runners is easy to put on, either as part of an existing or standalone school event. It takes place at a time and location of your choosing and the date is flexible so as to fit into your school’s timetable. What’s more, as a fundraising activity, all the money you raise will be offset against next year’s SkillForce programme and so helps other young people in the school. A key benefit to you is that all funds can be raised online so there is no need to handle cash or sponsorship forms.
Holding a Young Runners event is simple and straightforward. All you need to do is:
“SkillForce is all about giving young people confidence to be themselves and I think running gives you that confidence. It gives you a mental and physical boost.
“I’m very proud to be an ambassador for SkillForce, which is a great charity. I’ve seen SkillForce in action, in schools, and they transform young people’s lives. They give young people confidence. These are instructors who are mostly ex-Service men and women coming into schools and they just give a huge boost to these young people. It’s great to see and I’m proud to be involved.”
Terms and Conditions of participating in SkillForce Young Runners
Please read the below carefully, as it is legally binding. Please note that your use of this Website means you accept these Terms and Conditions from the date that you first use this Website.
1. You reside in the UK.
2. You confirm to SkillForce that you will not do anything that could reasonably considered to be illegal, misleading, libellous, dangerous or likely to cause distress or harm to yourself or others (including to animals) or to cause damage to the reputation of SkillForce, and will not involve the destruction of any other person’s property without their consent.
3. You are solely responsible for any loss, damage, illness, injury or death to a person or loss or damage to property related in any way to your own actions in connection with Young Runners.
4. You acknowledge that it is solely your decision whether to participate in Young Runners and that you will make your own assessment as to the safety and legality of the activity described.
5. You understand that any expenses you incur in carrying out Young Runners are your own and you cannot seek reimbursement of these expenses from SkillForce and you agree that any funding secured through Young Runners will be transferred to SkillForce and deducted from the cost of your next SkillForce Programme.
6. You release SkillForce, the Charity and their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, contractors and their successors and assigns from all liability for any loss, damage, injury, expense, demand, or cause of action that you may suffer with respect to personal injury, death, damage to or destruction or property, theft, or otherwise that may arise as a result of your participation in the Young Runners Programme except where their negligence has caused death or personal injury.
7. You accept and agree to receiving a follow up email from SkillForce to the email address provided, which will supply a further link to download additional materials for the event.