Established in 2004, SkillForce is a national education Charity, leading the way in how character and resilience is taught and delivered in schools. Since its inception, SkillForce has helped tens of thousands of young people turn their lives around and, through doing so, realise their potential and become responsible citizens.
In addition to our commitment to young people, we also support former Forces personnel, providing training and the opportunity to become qualified SkillForce Instructors. Over the years, this has proved to be mutually beneficial with former service men and women acting as outstanding role models, mentors and coaches for those in their care.
His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge KG KT became the charity’s Royal Patron in 2009. We greatly value our royal patronage for the recognition and endorsement it confers upon our work.
Our flagship education programme is now The Prince William Award.
Our vision is to help inspire generations of self-believers who are confident, resilient and prepared for life.
This is an exciting time to join the charity as we begin to raise the profile and importantly the reach of our character and resilience awards.
We now seek an in house graphic designer (print and digital) who can help bring that vision to life through compelling print and digital materials.
The post of SkillForce Graphic Designer will be a busy, demanding role and offers the right candidate the chance to play a part in the rapid growth of one of the UK’s most prestigious children’s focussed charities.
Our Prince William Award is the only one of its kind in our Royal Patron’s name and the successful candidate will play a vital part in helping the SkillForce Senior Leadership Team develop this brand’s impact.
We are looking for a confident, creative and motivated designer to join the charity and help us achieve our ambition to give every child the best chance to develop confidence, resilience and self-belief.
- Continuously creating a range of sales, marketing and online materials that to be used to both sell our programmes to schools and raise the profile of the charity and our awards
- Digital design, print design, artworking and print ordering
- Providing creative and design support to the marketing and communications team, business development managers and the wider organisation
- Responsibility for designing quarterly Prince William Award membership club materials
- Collaborate with Marketing team to crate one-off presentations using PowerPoint or similar
- Creating attention-grabbing digital artwork suitable for use across social media
- Designing a suite of exhibition and event marketing materials including pop up banners and stands
- Updating design elements of the SkillForce website
- Creating event specific material such as programmes, invites, table decorations
- Working to deadlines to create event specific material such as sales flyers, postcards and other materials to help promote SkillForce at events such as education shows
- Designing email mailshots using mailchimp or similar
Key Skills/Qualifications required:
- Diploma or other qualification in graphic design or similar
- Degree level education or equivalent experience
- Education to A level or similar vocational level 3 qualification
- At least two years’ experience in a design led environment
- Significant experience working in digital and print design
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Studio, especially Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience of WordPress, Squarespace or similar content management system
- Experience using Mailchimp or similar mailing software
- Experience of using social media for campaigns
- Experience of managing design process from concept to print stage
- Experience of writing/creating content for the web
This role will be managed by Penny Stretton – Director of Marketing and Communications, applicants must be willing to travel in this role.
The salary for is £23,000 – £25,000 (depending on experience) Working hours are 37.5 per week.
If you would like more information, please contact Penny Stretton at SkillForce on 01623 827 651, or complete our online application form by clicking in the Apply Now button on this page.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
SkillForce is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
SkillForce is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.